Market Strategy – VIETNAM’S STOCK MARKET WILL FACE HEADWINDS IN Q2 BUT THERE ARE STILL POCKETS OF GOOD VALUE ON OFFER
Strategy Note 26/04/2018 170
- Vietnam’s stock market is entering choppy waters after a stellar first quarter run.
- Progress on Vietnam’s path to an MSCI Emerging Markets upgrade is unlikely to be dramatic.
- Heavy-weighted large caps are skewing the market valuation multiples; a vast number of stocks are trading at a deep discount to the index.
- Brokers will continue to attract interest due to continued strong stock market trading activity in 2018.
- Cyclical sectors such as banking, property, construction and construction materials will continue to ride a strong economy.
- The textile & garment, agriculture & fisheries and automotive sectors might also benefit from macro factors.
Please follow this link for the full report