Economics Focus – Vietnam’s electronics export boom comes with hidden risks
Economics Note 15/03/2018 177
- Electronics has become an increasingly important part of Vietnam’s total export mix.
- China is on course to overtake the US as Vietnam’s largest export market andaccounts for a growing share of Vietnam’s high-value electronics exports.
- Samsung is fighting a losing battle in the Chinese handset market.
- Vietnam’s growing exposure to the Chinese handset market and its outsized reliance on Samsung for handset exports makes it vulnerable.
- Vietnam’s “Samsung-concentration” risk mitigation depends on its ability to attract other consumer electronics OEMs.
Please follow this link for the full report